Back in May, the Theatrebarn's Board of Trustees had to make a very difficult decision - to close the Theatrebarn, temporarily, in the absence of a programme of events for the theatre and a clear vision for the future.
With a lot to do, the temporary closure is allowing time to plan and gear up for success.
During the last few months, the Trustees have been engaging with contacts in the theatre industry and now this work is starting to bear fruit.
A Creative Director is on board, working to get the theatre open and presenting work for the local community, as well as for visitors from further afield. And an Executive Director is being recruited to help re-launch and develop the Theatrebarn, so that it has an exciting and sustainable future.
Theatre for Everyone
It is the Trust's intention to re-launch these beautiful buildings in 2023/24 and develop an exciting rural hub where artists and audiences meet, create, have fun, and are entertained.
Our objectives are to:
- * Create an accessible arts venue that is welcoming, inclusive and for everyone
- * Develop an arts hub which is a vital part of the public and cultural life of the area
- * Deliver work that is of the highest quality, and both entertains and challenges the theatre's audiences
- * Work with partners to develop work which is high profile to enhance both the theatre’s reputation and expand the boundaries of what is possible on the site
- * Host local groups and societies that encourage the participation in, and appreciation of, the performing arts
- * Play an active part in local arts festivals and events
- * Build partnerships to support the older generation in our community
- * Develop business acumen to ensure and enhance both the efficient running and financial viability of the organisation
- * Make a safe and stimulating place for young people through the provision of tours, talks and workshops and the nurturing of young talent
Watch this space for more information.